Looking for DVD Copying software? Dvd2dvd.org has compiled the results from all major online review sites into one comprehensive article! But before that let us take a look – What is DVD Copying Software?
The DVD Copier software allows you to backup your precious DVDs in case they are scratched or damaged. These applications provide a convenient way to protect the content of your DVDs and keep your movies safe from harm. They will keep your movie library intact much longer than an average DVD lasts.
Often, people also called the DVD copy software like DVD Ripper and in this article, we do comprehensive reviews on the top DVD backup/copy apps available in the market now. These reviews will give you the info you need to buy or download dvd copy software with confidence.
How We Review the DVD Copying Software?
We started by looking for the top DVD Copy Software packages available. Then we put the top packages against each other in a rigorous battery of tests using an extensive set of scientific metrics.
During these tests, we factored in the features and options that all types of users, from the newbie to the most advanced techie, would desire. Each of our reviews will provide an evaluation of the software features, pros, and cons of a given package.
Finally, we compiled the metrics, feature sets, and prices and ranked each program according to their test results.
Top 5 Best Paid DVD Copier Software Reviews for Windows 10/8/7
1. Best Overall: DVD Cloner 2020
The DVD-Cloner is a professional DVD copier software, a highly-praised program in the market for its great features and quality output. The converted files can be plays on various media players as well as portable devices.
The software also can copy 4K HD and Blu-ray movies to BD-R/Res; rip the DVD or blu-ray to the intended file formats for easy accessing it anywhere. The following are the program features:
- Backup and Clone Your DVDs 1:1 – You can make quality backups of your personal DVDs; create your personal DVD library, and you’ll never have to worry about scratching or losing a DVD again!
- Create Customized Movies – Now you can easily make copies of your own home movies including split and customize it and to send to friends and family!
- Faster and Easy Copies – The time required for cloning DVDs will vary depending upon the speed of your computer and the level of detail on the DVD. Your computer will be processing many gigabytes of data and when you consider the amount of data involved, the time required for the process is actually quite minimal.
- 2 Copy Modes – The express mode is suitable for newbie as you just required one click to copy DVD. The pro can use the expert mode with more settings and customizations to produce the finest quality video output.
- Advanced Settings – You can choose to compress the entire movie and keep or omit the menus and special features. Also, you can split one DVD-9 movie to 2 DVD-5 discs; copy specific chapters or favorite titles only, and more.
- Copy dvd/blu-ray/UHD blu-ray movies – Options for you to rip and burn DVD, copy blu-ray videos to BD-25, and UHD blu-ray to BD-50.
- Make the highest quality DVD copies – The DVD clone can produce an exact DVD copy like the original. The video is not compressed or left off the disc, so you produce a perfect DVD clone.
- Play your copies anywhere – from the DVD player in your living room to your home theatre system, from your portable DVD player to your PC with the DVD drive as well as your smartphones and gadgets.
- Different versions and languages – Three versions: DVD-Cloner, DVD-Cloner Gold, and Platinum to cater to the different levels of user need with different languages supported.
- Easy one-click copy – With their express mode, you just need a click to copy DVD-5/DVD-9 to DVD-5; blu-ray to BD5; 4K HD blu-ray to BD-50, DVD to MKV, etc. After all, the software is very easy to use.
- Save Hundreds of Dollars in Replacement Costs – You can backup or duplicate DVD copies of scratched DVDs, save yourself from spending money replacing the damaged DVD discs!
- The Price – Compare to other DVD copy tools, the software is more expensive as the latest version of DVD-Cloner priced at $59.99.
- Saving ISO Files – It’s not straight-forward to save the ISO files.
- No Free Upgrade/update – you have to pay to upgrade to the newer version.
Screenshot (expert mode):
Official page: https://www.opencloner.com/dvd-cloner.html
2. Great Features: BlazeVideo DVD Copy
The 2nd software we recommend is the BlazeVideo DVD Copy. This is another program that is perfect for DVD backup and DVD ripping. It’s a 2-in-1 combo application that can help you to rip and backup all kinds of DVDs.
This feature-rich DVD software allows you to copy one type of DVD to another DVD, DVD to ISO file or hard drive, burn the ISO file, rip DVD to various mobile devices, editing DVD video, and more.
There are 4 copy modes available and what is even better is that you can copy the protected DVDs as the BlazeVideo DVD Copy is able to remove most of the copyright protections.
The following are the key features of the software:
- Remove all the copy-protections and copy DVD to DVD with 1:1 lossless quality
- Rip DVD movies to HD/SD video formats like HD MP4, AVI, MPG, MOV, MP3, and more.
- 4 Copy Modes: Copy The Full Content, Movie Only, Split Disc, and Customized.
- Split and/or Shrink DVD-9 to DVD-5, copy DVD-9 to DVD-9, and clone DVD-5 to DVD-5.
- Powerful integrated burn engine to burn the ISO file to a black DVD disc.
- Works with Windows 10/8/7 (32/64-bit) and older but the Mac version is not available.
- Free support with online message and FAQs, email, forum, or Facebook.
- Good Functionality – The software not only have the ability to copy DVD to DVD, split or compress a DVD9 to DVD5 but also can burn the ISO image files to a blank DVD.
- Flexible Four Copy Modes – Option for you to copy the entire disc or customize/split disc.
- Quality Guaranteed – Excellent 1:1 quality video output.
- DVD Ripper – The program even can rip the DVDs to SD/HD video formats including copy-protected DVDs.
- DVD Editing – You can do some customizations like merge, crop, set effects & watermark to the movies before copying.
- No option to copy Blu-ray discs.
- Minor updates are free but major version upgrade is NOT free. Most similar tools are offering free upgrades for life.
Official page: http://www.blazevideo.com/dvd-copy/
3. Good Buy: DVDFab DVD Copy
DVDFab DVD Copy is well-known for its powerful features and flexibility. You can copy a DVD with just one or two clicks, or use a variety of settings to customize copying.
Burn DVD to blank DVD, create a DVD folder containing VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS or ISO image file, compress DVD content on a DVD disc, e.g. compress DVD-9 to DVD-5. DVDFab is definitely a real all-in-one solution for creating or backups of your DVD collection!
Here are the main features of this DVDFab DVD program:
- Copy any DVD to DVD disc
Remove all known DVD disc copy-protections, such as CSS, UOPs, CPRM, CPPM, ARccOS, RC, RCE, APS, RipGuard, FluxDVD, etc., to copy any DVD freely.
- Copy DVD to Hard Drives
You can copy DVDs to HDD as an ISO image file or as a DVD folder for DVD backup. If you don’t have a blank DVD disc, don’t worry, just save your DVD movies on the hard drives and burn them to blank DVDs in the future if you wish. If you want to watch DVD movies on your computer without the hassle of switching DVDs, just copy your DVDs on your computer to play them.
- Burn to DVD Disc
DVD or ISO file / DVD folder on your computer to any blank DVD, including DVD + R / RW, DVD-R / RW, DVD + R DL, and DVD-R DL.
- Copy DVD 1: 1 or compress DVD
With DVD Copying Software you can copy DVD-9 to DVD-9, DVD-5 to DVD-5 to create 1: 1 DVD backups or compress DVD-9 to DVD-5 with excellent quality.
- Six copy modes available
- Full disc copies the entire contents of the DVD;
- The main film only copies the longest film title;
- Split copies a DVD-9 onto two DVD-5 discs with 100% quality;
- Merge combines several titles from several sources on one DVD;
- Cloning creates perfect 1: 1 bit-to-bit copying; and
- Customize allows you to create a DVD with any desired elements as you wish.
- A variety of personalizing settings
DVDFab DVD Copy offers several setting options to personalize your DVD backups. For example, you can simply change standard audio and subpicture streams, select different languages, remove annoying content, change the sequence when playing the titles, copy certain chapters, switch the burning engine, adjust the burning speed, etc.
- Copying is easy and quick – Thanks to the clear interface, even beginners can do DVD duplicating quickly and easily, with just a few clicks.
- Rich features – A software with full of features for your DVD copying needs. Imagine you can have 6 ways to copy the DVDs.
- Quality output – According to our test, its output files quality are excellent.
- Customization option – You can do various customizations on the movies to produces the excellent output that you want.
- Price – The DVDFab Copying software is cheaper and often you will see great offer up to 50% off. Check the latest offer here.
- Pure DVD Copy only – No DVD ripping, burning, and converter options unless you buy the DVDFab all-in-one suite.
- Little complicated – With their full range of features, it takes some time to learn it.
Official page: https://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-copy.htm
4. Best Value for Money: Tipard DVD Cloner 6
Tipard DVD Cloner is a combination of DVD copy and video converter suite that does a very nice job in copying and converting DVDs and video files to any of the popular PC formats as well as mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Sony and many more.
You have three modes of copying an entire DVD movie, the movie only, or create a customized copy of a DVD where you pick and chose what you want to be copied from the original movie to the blank DVD.
You can copy a DVD-5 movie to a blank DVD-5 disc, copy a DVD-9 movie to a DVD-9 disc; or copy/compress a DVD-9 to a DVD-5 disc (the DVD movie is compressed to fit).
This is another powerful DVD copy software, empowers you to clone any DVD to DVD disc, DVD to ISO file or DVD Folder, and DVD to movie files (AVI, ASF, iPad MP4, iPod MP4, iPod Touch MP4, Apple TV MP4, PSP MP4, BlackBerry MP4, 3GP, etc.
Here is the summary of the key features of Tipard DVD Cloner:
- The decryption of all copy protections, clone DVD in perfect 1:1 ratio
- Rip DVD into all popular file formats assure zero quality loss
- Create DVD masterpieces out of media files
- Burn DVD Folder/ISO files to DVD disc, burning without flaws
- Convert media files, enjoy faster conversion speed
- Weave photos, video & music into excellent DVD slideshow
- The Cheapest – You can get this software at $29.75 (offer price). Else the normal price of $35 also the cheapest DVD copier software in the market.
- Three Copy Modes – Not too complicated and it’s just enough for most average users to need to duplicate their DVDs.
- Simple User Interface – The software is very easy to use and runs without consuming a lot of your computer resources.
- Burn Disc – The software comes with a DVD burning feature.
- Flexible Customizations – You can select the number of copies, writing speed, knowing the source & target file size, etc.
- 90-day Guarantee – Most other software gives 30-day refundable periods if you purchase the software but Tipard is confident to give a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Quality Loss – If you do the video compression, the movie’s output quality will drop.
- Customer Support – While you can get help from the online FAQs, tutorials, if you got other issues, most of the time you only can reach them by email.
Official page: https://www.tipard.com/dvd-cloner-6.html
5. Value Buy: Aimersoft DVD Copy
Aimersoft DVD Copy is another DVD duplication program that earns the 5th spot in our review. The first thing you notice about Aimersoft Copy DVD is how extraordinarily easy the software is to use.
The core functionality is found on the main interface, and copying a DVD is as easy as launching the application, putting the disc you want to copy into the tray, and click “convert”. The default settings will copy the entire movie for you, creating an exact 1:1 copy of your movie, normally in half an hour or less.
If you don’t want to copy everything on a particular DVD, this program also lets you pick and choose what content you want to transfer to the new disc by selecting “Custom Mode” in the “Copy Mode” field. This will launch a menu with a list of all the content found on the disc with checkboxes so that you can customize what content from the disc you want to copy.
The compression features in Aimersoft DVD Copy are typical of software in this category. You have the ability to compress a DVD-9 onto a DVD-5. Or in other words, you can fit a commercial disc onto a typical blank disc. If you choose this option, the result won’t be a 1:1 copy, but it will still be very good. You also have the ability to split a DVD-9 onto two DVD-5s.
The following are the key features of this program:
- Flexible copy modes – You can choose to copy the entire movie, custom or copy without Menu, etc.
- Copy DVD with lossless 1:1 quality – These include copy DVD movies to DVD disc, backup DVD to the hard drive, and burn DVD folder to DVD disc.
- Backup protected DVD – Ability to remove commercial DVD protections
- Video compression capability – Compress DVD-9 to DVD-5 to make the file smaller while still keeping the original file quality.
- DVD burning – Beside can copy the DVD to ISO files, you also can burn the ISO Files to DVD or split the DVD-9 to two DVD-5.
Before we move on, let’s see how to copy DVDs using the Aimersoft software:
- The DVD copier software is very affordable in price and easy to use.
- The ability to copy the protected DVDs.
- You can burn the movies to DVD disc.
- If you purchase, it’s clean, and no risk to download the program. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and free lifetime update.
- Lack of video editing and other customization settings.
- Customer support needs to improve as some people complain that their email response is very slow.
Official page: https://www.aimersoft.com/dvd-copy.html
10 Tips to Pick the Best DVD Copying Software
As each one of the software packages we considered has almost the same feature sets. We examine all of these DVD copy products and provide a complete side-by-side list of features that each one provides so you have a complete picture.
The following are some of the essential considerations for choosing a great DVD copier. If you properly analyze the criteria before buying, you should able to get a great piece of software.
- Copy Protected DVD: This is the main feature that sets aside a free copier versus paid DVD copier software. The best tools recommended above can copy almost all types of commercial/copyright protected DVDs.
- The Output Quality: This is extremely important because if the quality of the duplicate copy was a drop, then how you can enjoy the movies? This is especially clear when the software compresses the video for smaller output files.
- Copy Speed: The program that developed using the latest and advanced technology can ensure a faster speed during the copying process.
- Software Functionality: Based on what type of copies you want to make, you should select copier software that comes with the most supported video formats, great features with high-quality output, and support PC, Mac, or mobile devices/gadgets.
- Program Stability: A great application won’t cause your computer to crash and it’s always safe & clean to use (no ads pop-up as some free tools do).
- Customer Support: Adequate tech and program support are essential to any software package that you buy. DVD software is no different, we review the level of each tech support that each of the packages provides.
- Supported Operating Systems: Does a software package support your system. We will tell you which software supports which Windows Operating System so that you are assured that a package will be compatible with your system.
- Supported Languages: Some programs support various languages that can benefit you?
- Price: Expensive, not necessarily good! Check out the features and some software often have an offer or discount coupons to make it cheap and worth getting.
- Purchase: How much does it cost and how can I get it? Also, most software offers a free trial and it comes with 30-day (some even have 90-day) money-back guarantee if you purchase. Also, the software mostly supports instant download after purchase.
Conclusion and Our Picks
So, are you looking for the winning DVD copier software?
Our study has found that more review sites, software engineers, burner manufacturers, and end-users have ranked DVD Cloner 2020 by OpenCloner Inc. as the best overall product in the DVD Copy Software category.
Just to let you know that all the links here if you click will redirect to the developer official site’s to download/purchase the software and also to ensure you can get a valid license and the downloaded software is clean. Your purchase also comes with at least a 30-day money-back guarantee.
So, go ahead and free download the program to test the application! You got nothing to lose for trying the DVD copy software!