About 80% of the content we consume nowadays comes in the form of videos. If you are creating a video or simply came across one while scrolling social media, the wrong format is just not the right thing. Whether you are running a YouTube channel, a website, or a marketing business, you need to have a best video converter for Mac to convert videos in the right format.
Thankfully, there are a number of video conversion programs out there. They help you change the video in the correct format for your device. However, not all video file converters are suitable for Mac OS X. If you are a mac user, you need to go with a Mac video converter.
Now, there are several movie converters for Mac available out there. Each comes with significant video conversion tools and processes. Therefore, we have managed to pick the best video file converters on mac and review them. This way, you will know the best performing programs and get to choose the right one for yourself.
Best 5 Video Converters for Mac Reviews
#1: Best Overall - Wondershare UniConverter on Mac
Wondershare Uniconverter is one of the best Mac video conversion software out there. It is known to be the most efficient converter which allows you to download, convert, edit & transfer videos, burn CD or DVD, convert image to gif and act like screen recorder too. For all the mac users, this software comes as the ultimate choice for top-notch video productions.
The Great Features
Wondershare Uniconverter for mac features several impressive specs. These include:
- It takes a less time to convert hour-long videos. Wondershare UniConverter is 30x faster speed to convert hour-long videos in your desired 1000+ output formats.
- Converted videos have impressive quality. There’s no need to worry about quality as there can produce lossless video quality, which does not reflect in the videos.
- Act like video downloader. You can download video (including HD/4K) from 1000+ hot online video sites with one click and record video from streaming sites.
- Embedded with video editing feature. You can utilize their advanced video editing features to produce best quality output files.
- Screen recorder feature allow you to just record any files that play on your computer.
- Conversion and playback optimization for 150+ devices. It offers conversion and optimizes the playback for more than 150 devices, including smart phones, laptops, TV, etc.
- Convert and burns videos to DVD discs. This converter also comes with free DVD templates to help you backup the video to the DVDs.
- Gif maker. You can convert the video or photo and make a gif file.
- Read the software full review by our editor’s here.
#2: Best Value for Money - MacX Video Converter Pro
MacX Video Converter Pro is a highly-praise video converter for Mac. It comes with a number of unique and great features to support convenient video conversion. You can edit and convert video, make a slideshow, download HD online videos, record videos, and a lot more.
The Key Features
The following are the notable features of MacX video conversion program:
- Simple interface and user-friendly. The interface allows easy navigation. Locating your desired tool, format, and videos is quite convenient.
- Largest range of input and output formats. With over 370 input video codec library supported, and allow you to convert video to any format (including up to 420 device preset profiles).
- Fast converting speed. The video conversion speed is 5x faster than other programs. The world No. 1 speed (and only one) that powered with level-3 hardware acceleration.
- Video Downloader feature is the next thing. This feature can helps you download videos from 1000+ video sites including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc for offline watching.
- Allows recording videos directly by connecting to the camera. Simply by connecting the webcam or camera, you can record live videos with the help of this MacX converter.
- Converts photos into slideshow. You can convert jpg/bmp/png images to the slideshow and save it in the video formats, just import the folder and choose the slideshow option.
- Screen recording. You can record videos with high-quality that play on your computer screen if you want to record the live games, sports, webinar, etc.
#3: Fastest Speed - Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
Aimersoft Converter Video for Mac comes as an all-in-one video and DVD provider for your needs. This fastest converter for video come with less flaws and perfect features to produce high-quality videos that no one can judge any imperfections.
The Notable Features
This Aimersoft video converter for Mac has the following features:
- Convert files from different devices. It allows you to add video to convert from portable devices like smart phones, gadgets, camcorders, USB drives, and DVDs/ISO/DVD Folder. You can choose to convert the file from 500+ output formats to get perfect video quality.
- Minimal quality loss and no sound deterioration. No matter the device and format, there is minimal loss of quality and no poor effect on sound whatsoever.
- Ultra fast conversions. With their advance hardware acceleration and optimize for multi-core processor, this program able to speed up the conversion process.
- Compatible with high 4K resolution videos. It works amazingly well for videos with 4K resolution and results in high quality converted videos.
- Downlaod video. You can download the video from Youtube or other 1000+ video sites then convert the video to the intended output file format.
- Video editing tools. It comes with some video editing as well as compression functions like adding special effects or trim, crop, and add subtitles and compress your videos for smaller files.
- Rip and burn videos onto DVDs. Like Wondershare Uniconverter, it also rip DVDs and burns converted videos onto optical devices such as DVDs.
- Allows to play with audios. Unlike other converters, this Mac movie converter lets you test different functions on audios as well.
- Other features include screen recorder, gif maker, VR and image converter, CD ripper and burner.
#4: Best with Free Option - Any Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
As the name suggests, Any Video Converter (AVC) is another good option for converting video from one format to other format and for any other device. It features a wide range of formats that helps you get done with your job amazingly.
The Key Features
AVC Ultimate for Mac has to offer the following features:
- A large number of audio and video formats are supported including the popular MP4, AVI, FLV, MKV, and more.
- Batch conversions. You can go for single conversion as well as for batch conversions with just a single click to save your waiting time.
- Allows video downloading from YouTube, Dailymotion, etc. With this converter, you can download videos from 100+ video sharing websites with high quality.
- Great user experience. Its higher customization options, a wide range of inputs & outputs (both is 100+), and simple steps for video conversion bring great user experience.
- You can do a simple video editing like add subtitle, add watermark, crop, rotate or merge videos as you wish.
- Extract audio from movie or CDs and make a backup copy to DVD.
Free or premium version? If you are looking for a high-end or more customization option, you need to go nowhere else than its premium version. Similarly, there is free version available for free trial with limited features.
#5: Best for Beginners - Movavi Video Converter for Mac
This Movavi video program from Movavi is the 5th video converter for Mac on our recommended list. It is the great solution when you need to convert your videos as well as optimize them for playback on your portable devices.
The Main Features
Movavi Converter for Mac offers the following features:
- The devices and formats supported. This software able to convert videos to all platforms and your desired formats (180+) including AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, MP3, GIF, JPG and more.
- Presets make the conversion process easy. With 200+ presets available, you only need to choose one and start the conversion process. The rest gets done itself.
- Compression capability. Optimal compression without with minimal loss of output quality.
- Edit your videos. With all the basic video editing tools, you can add effects, trim, crop, and play well with your converted videos.
- Online subtitle search. This new feature allows you to go online and search for intended subtitle and use it in your video production.
- Click here to read our editor’s review on this software.
Conclusion and Our Picks
The top 5 video or movie converters on Mac reviews done above will largely help you in choosing the best video converter for Mac. Each of these has their own strengths and weaknesses as outline above.
Most of them come with easy user interface and offers a great user experience. Converting your video into the desired format or device is really convenient. These are reliable and 100% safe to use. However, keep your budget and experience level in mind.
If you want us to pick the most reliable software, you can get the Wondershare UniConverter, a truly outstanding video file converter. If somehow you are limited in budget, then MacX Video Converter Pro can be an alternative yet great choice for you.