Last updated on April 23rd, 2023
This site is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Attention: We don’t advocate people using these recommended video downloaders for commercial purposes.
At A Glance: Our Top 5 Picks For Video Downloaders
- Best for Streaming Sites: StreamFab All-in-one
- Most Sites Supported: Wondershare AllMyTube
- With Free Option: 4K Video Downloader
- The Easiest: Allavsoft Video and Audio Downloader
- The Fastest: Replay Media Catcher (RMC)
A video downloader is software used for downloading videos from different movie or streaming sites. Among the popular video-sharing sites likes YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Netflix, Dailymotion, Hulu, and many more.
The video downloader can be found and downloaded online. But not all video downloader is free to use. There are some downloader programs that come with a price. You need to subscribe to it or even install it on your PC/Mac, tablets, or smartphones. It can also promise you a quality video because of the price it entails.
In the market, there are many software’s that claimed can download many types of videos and promising here and there. Can you really trust them? Well, this article going to reveal some of the best video downloaders for Windows that you can rely on (with a free trial download).
Our team is always on the lookout for the latest, useful and best software on the market. With that in mind, we try our best to provide the most accurate information and reviews to help you make the most concise decision.
We also firmly believe that when it comes to exposing the pros and cons of the specific software, the truth must always prevail.
QUICK OVERVIEW: Our Top Picks for Best Video Downloaders for Windows
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
WTH FREE OPTION
4K Video Downloader
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
Allavsoft Video and Audio Downloader
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
Replay Media Catcher (RMC)
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
OPTION FOR WIN & MAC
Leawo Youtube Downloader
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
BEST FREE OPTION
Freemake Youtube Video Downloader
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
Free Vs. Paid Vs. Online Video Downloader
People frequently like to choose and use the free video downloader as it’s widely available for free download. It is just a matter of choosing the best one in order to get the best quality you wanted. The free programs usually have 2 obvious problems:
- Unable to download video from protected streaming sites like Netflix.
- The downloaded video quality will slightly drop?
- Slower in downloading the videos.
- The customer support may not as good as paid alternatives.
You can also find similar software thru online i.e. web or URL video downloader. But the problem in downloading video online directly is the fluctuating internet line connection. That may consume much of your time. It can also affect the quality of the video you are downloading.
But either way, most of them have similarities as much as the feature is concern. Online video converter is suitable if your Internet connection is fast and reliable. For sure the freeware version of software basically lacks some features and it also doesn’t support some video sites especially those encrypted streaming sites.
Then, the paid version is your solution. If you want to download videos from encrypted sites, then we recommend the DVDFab Video Downloader.
8 Best Video Downloader for Windows Reviews
After being more than 10-year in the media industry, here we listed some of the best free and shareware video downloaders for your references. From the list, the DVDFab downloader is able to download streaming videos.
#1: Best Streaming Downloader - StreamFab All-in-one
You may ask: Why I need the streaming video downloader while there are many free video download programs available? Well, good software like StreamFab all-in-one downloader is able to download movies from sources that seem to be undownloadable!
Also, you may want to save the movies or TV series to the hard drive as it has limited watching time. If not, you may miss it due to expired content! This is where the StreamFab all-in-one downloader plays the role.
The following are some of the great benefits that you can enjoy using this downloader:
- A great movie downloader for major streaming sites likes Netflix, Amazon prime video, Disney+, Hulu, HBO, and more.
- Able to download everything – video, audio, and subtitles.
- Outstanding audio & video quality – Download video and save in 1080p resolution and 5.1 sound channels quality.
- Watch and download the video simultaneously.
- Save the video/TV show meta info easily.
- Support batch download movie episodes & auto-download newly released episodes.
Although this software is not supporting 8K, or 4K videos now, but this is the only software that supports the major streaming sites that are unable to download by other movie downloaders. Here are the methods to download streaming videos.
Official page: https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader.htm
#2: Most Video Sites Supported - Wondershare AllMyTube
This awesome software from Wondershare allows you to download & save videos from over 10,000 sites for watching on your latest devices including smartphones and personal computers.
The program is simple to operate and you can use either the download button, copy-and-paste the source video URL, or use the record function to get the streaming video to your devices. So, in case a site is not supported by the download feature, you still can use the capture tool to get the video.
The following are some of the notable benefits of using this program:
- You can download a video in 7 different resolutions including 1080p HD.
- This program can make full use of your bandwidth to download the videos faster with no quality drop in the output file.
- One-click can download the entire Youtube channel and playlist.
- It allows you to download online videos to over 150 video formats including MP3, MP4, MKV, AVI, etc.
- The software also can convert and transfer videos to portable devices like iPhone, iPod, Android devices, Xbox, Apple TV, and more.
- You can freely trial the software before you purchase. Many users also leave positive reviews on the software.
Official page: https://www.wondershare.com/pro/allmytube-video-downloader.html
#3: Budget Downloader with Free Option – 4K Video Downloader
Downloading the videos is very simple with this software. All you need is to copy the video URL or link that you wish to download and click the Paste Link icon in the application, select the output video format & quality and you are good to go!
You also can activate the ‘Smart Mode’ and apply the preferred settings and next time when you want to download the videos; it’s easier and faster as you can use the predefined settings.
The software comes with 3 options: Starter, Personal, and Pro. The free option lets you use the software for free with some limitations. If you just want to download a few videos, the free option is enough, but to mass-download the videos, you need to get the Personal or even Pro option.
Some of the benefits of the software:
- Support all formats and UHD videos – Ability to select the quality of your choices including download video in high-definition 8K, 4K, and 1080p. It supported all renowned audio & video file formats.
- Download 360-degrees and 3D videos – you can enjoy movies of better quality on various portable devices or gadgets.
- Download annotations, subtitles, or video captions – For Youtube videos, you can do it and download some private Youtube videos then save them in over 50 languages.
- Batch video downloading – The multi-thread technology allows you to download multiple videos including Youtube subscriptions or full playlist and channels).
- Import/export download links – You can export the already downloaded movie links into MS Excel and vice-versa.
- Full features free trial – You can use all the software features for free before upgrading to a paid version (only if you need to).
- Supports multiple platforms and languages – The downloader supports PC, Mac, and Linux as well as is available in 13 languages.
Official page: https://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader
#4: The Easiest Downloader - Allavsoft Video and Audio Downloader
This is by far the easiest downloader as you just need 2 steps to download the videos and music files from over 1000 media sharing sites. Those sites included YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Spotify, eHow, Dailymotion, Break, Metacafe, Soundcloud, Lynda, Udemy, PBS, BBC, Livestream, MegaVideo, Veoh, LiveLeak, and more.
The following are some of the advantages of using this software:
- Supports HD, 3D, and SD videos – You can download videos in 4K, HD 1080p, 3D videos, or SD resolutions.
- Auto Convert function – This downloader allows you to automatically convert the video to different video or audio formats like MP4, MP3, WAV, etc.
- Support batch download and convert – It allows adding multiple video URLs for batch downloading, intelligently detecting and skipping the ads during download.
- Resume downloading – You can pause and resume the download as needed.
- Action after download – You can set the computer to shut down automatically when all the downloading tasks are completed.
- Free trial or buy the software – Free download of the software is available and if you decided to buy, it has a 30-day money-back guarantee with free lifetime update and technical support.
Official site: https://www.allavsoft.com
#5: The Fastest Downloader - Replay Media Catcher (RMC)
If you are serious about getting a great video downloader, you may consider the Replay Media Catcher.
It is the ultimate video downloader that works great not only for video but also for music. It has the ability to replay the captured video directly from the screen of your PC. You also can use this software to download videos from some of the copy-protected sites.
The simple user interface and powerful features of this software make it one of the most reliable video downloaders’s out there. It can add the artist, song info, and even the lyrics automatically. It simply works like magic as even the videos on the encrypted video sites can be downloaded too.
Some of the benefits of using this media download program:
- Easy to use – Just copy and paste the URL and download
- Fast speed download – there are using advanced downloading technology to capture movies up to 10x playback speed.
- Media guides – help you find and save online videos, movies, music, and TV shows.
- Pre-schedule the recordings – a useful feature especially when you are away from the computer.
- Support many formats and devices – This media downloader can download and convert to 130+ device and file formats.
- Free Youtube downloader – The free trial version of this software is able to capture 100% of Youtube videos and 50% length of other sites.
Official page: https://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/
[Use Discount Coupon: WMR-RMC to get $10 off.]
#6: Another Option for Win & Mac - Leawo Youtube Downloader
This video download program is another great alternative to download videos from Youtube as well as other video sites. It may come with a price but it will pay off.
It has an internal browser that acts as the IE-cored browser. This allows you to play, download and search videos on all video-sharing sites. That includes Facebook, Dailymotion, Google Video, iFilm, and many more. It will be easy for you to manage the downloaded videos.
All the downloaded videos are specified automatically for different groups. You can playback the videos thru an internal video player. Its built-in video accelerator can speed up the online downloading of video.
The following are some of the notable features of this software:
- Fast downloading – save time as it shortens the downloading time while enjoying the video offline.
- Batch download and convert – Simultaneous processing can save your time and energy.
- Build-in video player – let you play the online and downloaded movies smoothly.
- 5 languages supported – It’s available on Windows and macOS and the software can be viewed in various languages.
Official page: https://www.leawo.com/pro/youtube-downloader.html
#7: Best Free Option - Freemake Youtube Video Downloader
This is one of the recommended free video downloaders for Windows to download Youtube videos. There is no need for signup and there are no limitations. This software offers a quality alternative to the paid video downloader’s. It always delivers a satisfying result to every user especially if you are downloading videos from Youtube.
Of course, you also can use this software to download videos from other 10000 video-sharing sites and it has been in the market for 10 years and is loved by millions of users. The downloading process is also simple, just 3 simple-step and you are done.
What can you expect with this Freemake free video downloader?
- It can download videos to any output format including MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, MP3, 3GP, and more.
- Supports 4K, HD, and SD quality videos.
- Batch download Youtube playlists, channels and individual videos.
- Useful in getting video for Apple devices, Android, Xbox, Amazon Kindle, and PSP.
- Directly download video and save to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
This software is best for downloading Youtube videos but also can download videos from Facebook, LiveLeak, Vimeo, Twitch, Dailymotion, Veoh, and other sites. A full software review is available here.
Official page: https://www.freemake.com/free_video_downloader/
#8: Online Video Downloader - https://catchvideo.net/
The main advantage of an online downloader is that no installation and sign-up are needed and you can use the application when you have an Internet connection. All you need to do is copy the video URL and paste it to the downloader, select the output format, and start downloading.
But of course, the free online downloader has several limitations compared to the desktop downloader including limited video output format and file size can download, unable to start downloading from certain sites, sites containing ads or annoying pop-ups, and more.
The main features include:
- Convenient and easy to use, but cannot download multiple videos at once.
- Can choose to download videos with different resolutions (up to 1080p).
- Downloading videos to MP4 or MOV, but MOV file size is very big.
- Can download videos from Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, TikTok, Reddit, and more.
- Option to install Chrome extension for supports downloading videos.
How to Choose a Best Video Downloader for Windows?
There is no correct or wrong way to choose a best video software. However, the following are the 10 criteria that you can consider while looking for a new best video download software.
- How easy you can start using the software/downloader?
- How many online video sharing sites the software can support especially can support multiple video streaming platforms?
- Can the software download multiple audio & video streams simultaneously?
- Quality! Quality! Quality! Downloaded video files should be of high-quality.
- Does the software have video conversion capabilities? Some video downloader does embed the feature that allow you to convert videos.
- You can expect other program features like schedule downloading, 4K, or HD file download (including setting the video resolution), editing the file, etc.
- Can you share the downloaded file to video-sharing sites like Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc? Nowadays, this is essential.
- Is the program support the latest Windows or Mac OS X and multiple languages?
- Can you freely trial the software before you buy it? Any money-back guarantees if you don’t like the software? Free lifetime updates or upgrades if you purchase?
- How helpful are the customer services and how helpful is the online help like live chat, phone, email, forum, or FAQs, etc., in case if you face any difficulty?
Conclusion – Your Choice and Our Picks
So, you want a free or best video downloader is really your own choice. If you are a newbie, you can try the free software version but if you always use the software in your work, then the paid version is more ideal for you especially those that are pro video enthusiasms.
Some people even prefer to use the web or URL video downloaders while others are using the browser add-on or extensions to help in their work. To be honest, the major problem with this kind of site is that that there are unable to download the protected video or sites that host that kind of video. But most of them are able to download Youtube videos.
Overall, we recommend StreamFab All-in-one Downloader as a video download software winner because this application is easy to use, rich in features, supported many files and devices (input and output) and you also can download videos from different encrypted or streaming sites.
Somehow if you don’t like the DVDFab DRM program, then you can get Wondershare AllMyTube as an alternative as this is another download software that you can rely on when dealing with downloading videos from 10000+ different sites.