Last updated on October 11th, 2023
This site is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
In the world of digital media, downloading videos from the internet has become a common practice. Whether it’s for offline viewing, archiving, or content creation, having a reliable video downloader is essential.
Freemake Video Downloader is a freeware download manager created to download videos in various popular formats which include MP4, WebM as well as 3GPs. You can use this software to get videos from well-known video-sharing sites such as YouTube, Facebook, DailyMotion, Veoh, and more.
Aside from its high capability of providing quality videos available for download, this free video downloader also enables users to convert videos into different formats. The simple user interface lets you easily master the software and use it fluently.
Attention: We don’t advocate people using the recommended downloader for commercial purposes.
The Freemake YouTube Video Downloader Benefits
The following are the great features that you can expect from this movie download program:
- Being the best free video downloader, it can download embedded videos from most video sites like Youtube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, Facebook, and even some adult sites.
- It is very easy to use. All you need to do is paste the URL of the selected video and simply click the start button.
- Downloaded videos can be saved in the original format or have them converted into various formats such as iPhone, PSP, MP3, AVI, and similar formats.
- The software also allows users to view programs in thumbnail l previews. In this way, there would be no hassle to view programs.
- It is also designed with a pause and resume download feature. It is very useful when you want to pause the operation for a while.
- For beginners, there is nothing to fret about. This free video downloader comes with support portal logins that provide assistance to its users.
- It comes with an “any browser” feature. As such, the software allows you to store and convert embedded videos directly from Chrome browse IE, or Firefox. This feature allows the user to simply play the favorite video and click the download button in the browser.
- Freemake Video Downloader has also a good download speed. Thanks to Speedbit’s patented kick-in tech features that provide the fastest speed in downloading your favorite videos. In this way, you can save time downloading your favorite online videos. With this software, patience has been overrated.
- Aside from fast download speed, it also features the fastest conversion. With your Freemake software, you will no longer have to deal with long waiting times to watch the video.
How to Know Whether a Software is Good?
As time progresses, several factors need to be considered when evaluating the continued effectiveness and relevance of video download software.
In the fast-paced world of technology, websites, and platforms are constantly changing their video streaming methods and structures. Some video downloaders may not always be able to keep up with these changes, causing download failures or reduced quality.
2. Updates and Support
An application that receives regular updates is more likely to adapt to changes in online video streaming, fix bugs, and provide an overall better user experience. If a program lacks ongoing support, it might become obsolete and unreliable.
3. Legal Considerations
Many websites have terms of service that explicitly prohibit downloading content. Users should be aware of the legal implications and potential risks of using video downloaders on specific platforms.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of This Free Software
It’s quite hard to find the perfect software. Every software comes with great features but may also contain some pitfalls. Let’s check out more about this Freemake video downloader:
- It enables the user to download online videos into various output formats.
- The steps are very easy. Just paste the URL of the videos you want to download and start downloading.
- It renders simultaneous or batch downloads to save time.
- You can pause and play the videos that you are downloading.
- With the help of parental controls, users can block and hide adult videos. That’s why it is perfect for family-shared computers.
- If you are interested in downloading from some encrypted sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc, you might find this free video downloader not ideal for your needs. Here are the methods to download videos from any website.
- With this freeware, you have to spend so much time waiting for your favorite videos to be downloaded. It gives a slower downloading speed compared to other download managers.
Of course, this software may lack some features compared with paid video downloaders. But since it’s free to use, what you can expect?
How to Download Videos with One Click in Freemake Video Downloader?
You can download online videos from over 10,000 video-sharing sites for free. Those sites include the popular YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Hulu, and more including some adult sites.
Just follow the following steps to download the videos:
1. Download and install the software
Click here to download the software. Once you downloaded the software, double-click the .exe file to start installing the program. Just follow the on-screen instructions and click the Next button until finish the entire installation process.
2. Activate one-click download mode
Launch the software, and you will see One-click download mode in the right-hand upper corner of the screen. Turn on to activate the one-click download mode. You can set the video quality parameter, action (download/extract or convert), and set the output destination file folder.
3. Copy the paste the video URL
Go to the target video site you want to copy, and copy the URL of the video you want to copy. Switch to the Freemake video downloader screen, click on the “Paste URL” button and the video will be downloaded automatically. If you wish, you can add more video links.
Conclusion: A Good Free Video Downloader
Freemake free video downloader is a great choice of software when you need a fast and convenient download manager. Aside from its attractive design, high capacity for supporting large files, modest tools for editing videos, and other engaging features, the Freemake video downloader is free software for video downloading.
However, if you compare it with some of the paid or top downloaders, this software may lack some features and hence it’s good for starters but not for pro users.
It’s also advisable to stay informed about the legal aspects of video downloading and consider alternatives if necessary. The software’s longevity and utility will depend on how well it can navigate the evolving landscape of online video streaming.