DVDFab DVD Copy is a powerful software that offers a seamless solution for copying and backing up your DVD collection into another disc.
In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of installing the software, walk you through the activation process, and demonstrate how to use it to copy or clone, and backup your DVDs.
By the end of this article, you will have in-depth knowledge of how to install, activate, and effectively use DVDFab DVD Copy. Let’s dive in and unlock the full potential of DVDFab DVD Copy now.
Part 1: How to Download and Install DVDFab DVD Copy?
Every desktop software needs to be installed before you can use it except for some online software that you can use it from their website. Before you can install it, you need to download the installer for the installation. Following are the steps.
To Download DVDFab DVD Copy
2. As you can see, the page allows you to download the installer for Windows directly by clicking on the “Free Download” button. If you are using a Mac, just click on the “Mac” option below it. You also can use the buttons below to download the installer.
3. For Windows users, you may see something like the screen below:
4. Click on the “Keep” button and this will download the “dvdfab_copy_12110.exe” installer to your computer.
To Install DVDFab DVD Copy
1. Browse to the folder where you downloaded the installer located. Double-click on the installer file, “dvdfab_copy_12110.exe”.
2. Click on the “Click to Install” button and the program will start to download and install the software.
Note: You also can download DVDFab 12 user manual here.
Part 2: How to Buy and Activate the DVDFab DVD Copy?
The installer downloaded above is free to trial and if you want to use the full features of the software you need to buy a registration code to unlock it. There are some limitations on the free version:
To Buy DVDFab DVD Copy
1. Navigate to the following page: https://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-copy.htm. By default, you can buy the Windows version of the software, choose “Mac” if you want the Mac version.
2. Then, instead of clicking on the “Free Download”, this time you need to click on the “Buy Now” button.
3. The next screen allows you to choose the license option. You can see there are 3 options available. Click on the “Buy Now” button for the intended license plan.
- 1-year license: $59.99
- Lifetime license: $84.99
- DVDFab all-in-one (Lifetime): $265.99
4. There are several options to pay attention to:
- In the “Preferred Payment Method and Currency” section, choose how you would like to pay – by card, or by online payment gateway like PayPal, Apply Pay, G Pay, or iDeal.
- Under the “Contact Information” section, fill in an email address.
- Under the “Preferred Currency” section, choose the currency you wish to pay from the drop-down menu.
- On the right-hand side, uncheck the options “DVDFab 3-Computer License” and “Extended Download Service”.
Click on the “Continue to Payment” button.
5. If you choose to pay by credit card, you need to fill in the details and hit the “Pay” button. If you choose PayPal as a payment option, you will be redirected to PayPal to make a payment.
6. Once the payment was successfully paid, you will receive the registration code at the email address you provide during the checkout.
To Activate (or Authorize) the DVDFab DVD Copy
Before activating the DVDFab software, you need to be a member of the DVDFab Member Center and already purchase the software. Here are the steps to activate the software.
1. Go to this page: https://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm.
2. Click on the “Create an Account” link. This will bring you to the “User Registration” screen. Insert the email address and verification code and click on the “Submit” button. Once registered, you can proceed to authorize the software.
3. Launch the DVDFab DVD Copy software.
4. If you already buy the license code, click on the “Authorize” button. You will see the following “Authorize This Computer” screen. Enter the email address (you use to purchase the software) and password.
5. Click on the “Authorize” button. You will see the “This computer has been authorized successfully!” message. Click on the “OK” button.
6. Out of many programs, you will see the DVD Copy option is set to “Activated”. You can start to use the program now.
Part 3: How to Use the DVDFab DVD Copy Software?
As you may know, the DVDFab DVD Copy has 6 modes to copy a disc including:
- Full Disc – copy all the content of the disc/ISO/folder source
- Main Movie – copy the main title of the disc/ISO/folder source
- Customize – copy the intended content of the disc/ISO/folder source
- Split – split one DVD 9 into 2 DVDs 5
- Merge – merge 2 or more DVDs or BDs into one DVD/BD
- Clone/Burn – clone DVD/BD with a 1:1 ratio
Step 1: Start the Software
Insert a DVD disc to copy to your computer DVD/optical drive. Launch the DVDFab DVD Copy software.
Step 2: Choose the Copy mode
From the main interface, click on the “Copy” option. Click on the “Main Movie” button and choose your preferred copy mode. Here, you can just leave the default “Main Movie”.
Step 3: Load the DVD Contents
The software should auto-load the DVD. Else, you can click on the big “+” symbol in the middle of the screen to add the DVD. Browse to the DVD drive “VIDEO_TS” folder and you can see the loaded DVD contents are displayed.
Step 4: Choose Output Options
If you want to backup the DVD to another disc, choose the option DVD9 or DVD5 in the “Output:” area. You also can click on “Advanced Settings” and change the settings as needed.
Step 5: Choose Audio and Subtitle to Copy
If you encounter a disc that has more than one audio and subtitles in a DVD disc, you can choose which audio track and subtitles to copy as shown in the following picture.
Step 6: Change the Output Folder
From the above picture, you can see at the bottom of the screen you can change the output folder in the “Save to:” area.
- Disc – Output the disc to another DVD9/DVD5 disc. Choose the correct DVD drive.
- ISO Image – Save the DVD in .iso format.
- Movie Folder – Choose a specific folder to store the DVD file.
Step 7: Start Copying
Click on the “Start” button to start copying the DVD. Once the copying started, you can pause or cancel the process. The program also supports multiple DVD copying at once.
After the process is complete, you can view the files in the folder you specified.
How About DVD Ripping?
DVD copying and DVD ripping are different! DVD copy often refers to the duplicating of DVDs while DVD ripping lets you convert a DVD to other video formats like MP4, MKV, etc. for playback on a computer or portable devices.
DVDFab DVD Copy is a user-friendly software that simplifies the process of copying and backing up DVDs. Through this article, we have provided a comprehensive tutorial on installing, activating, and effectively using the DVD Copy software.
The reliability of DVDFab DVD Copy which can support almost all homemade and protected DVDs makes it one of the great choices for those that are looking to backup their DVDs. I hope this tutorial is helpful for you!