Last updated on September 23rd, 2021
This site is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
With the introduction of over-the-top media services, sales and viewing of CDs and DVDs have slowly dwindled. If you have a collection of DVDs, the best way to store the movie or shows is to rip them onto your Windows or Mac PCs.
Rip to your PC/Mac means to copy the CD or DVD to your computer hard disk. There are software’s that extract the data from your DVD and could convert it to your desired format to store and play on other compatible devices.
Disney DVDs are one of the most sought-after because of the huge collection of blockbuster movies and shows. It is one of the oldest companies that has iconic and exciting movies from ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ to ‘The Lion King’.
Disney productions have copy-protection and the proper process has to be followed to rip Disney DVDs. Also, not every dvd ripping software is able to rip Disney discs.
How to Know if a DVD is Protected by Disney Copy-protection?
To discourage copyright violation, many movies production companies including Walt Disney Company encrypt their DVDs with Content Scramble System (CSS), Digital Rights Management, and regional-playback control.
One or more of the following errors/symptoms will show and you will know the Disney DVD is copy-protected or not.
- Disney DVDs have 99 titles a mechanism to copy-protect their DVDs.
- The DVD will show the size of the data stored as 40 GB or above. This is another technique for stopping people trying to rip Disney DVDs.
- Disney DVDs will not be playable on all the DVD players. This may be because of the DRM protection on the DVD. Here is how to rip the protected DVDs.
- The DVD might appear to be copying but it gets hanged in-between when you rip Disney DVDs.
- When you try to copy a DVD, you will get an error message which means that the DVD is encrypted.
- You may be able to copy using certain software but the contents will be all scrambled and the videos out of order.
- Copying a copyright-protected disc might damage the original DVD when trying to rip Disney DVDs.
The Recommended Disney DVD Copy Software for Windows
Production companies use different techniques to prevent duplicating or ripping DVDs, simultaneously, ripping software has also increased in numbers. But are they reliable?
One of the most recommended ripping tools is WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. It is faster, supports all formats, and is compatible with most devices. The best part is that it has the ability to overcome copyright protection and is highly recommend for use to rip Disney DVDs.
Watch the following video on ripping copy-protected DVDs or follwing our step-by-step guide in the following section.
The Features of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- It has one of the fastest ripping speed tools. It can rip Disney DVDs or backup DVDs to MPEG2 in a matter of 5 minutes. The support for Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, NVIDIA (CUDA), Intel QSV, and NVENC enables 500 FPS with X32 DVD drives which speed the process.
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum supports both homemade and commercial DVDs and allows for ripping Video TS folders which are unavailable in some other DVD rippers.
- It not only rips the videos but also copies the main title and all subtitles.
- Ripping with WinX DVD Ripper does not compromise the quality of the media.
- It can rip Disney discs and also convert DVDs to MP4, M2TS, AVI, MOV, MPEG, WMV, AVI, MP4, etc., and other formats.
- It is compatible with most Android, Microsoft, and IOS devices including, Xbox and Sony PlayStation.
- It has a video editor that can be used to edit, crop, and trim the videos and also edit subtitles. You have customization tools to adjust the video’s aspect ratio, bitrate, frame rate, etc.
- The most important feature is that it can get around the DRM safeguards and content protection including 99 titles in the DVD.
- Supports and converts almost all video and audio formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, MPEG, H.264, WMV, etc.
- The ripping speed is fast and output files can make it compatible with Android and IOS devices.
- Can remove and tackle most of the DRM-protected discs.
- The DVD ripping speed is fast and hence saves time if you have lots of discs to backup.
- It has a user-friendly interface, easy-to-use as just needs 3-step to rip a disc.
- A clean software, you can safely download the free trial version. Once satisfied, you can purchase the software with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The only limitation is that it has few DVD editing features.
How to Rip Disney DVDs that are DRM Protected?
Here is the step-by-step guide to rip Disney DVDs that is DRM protected with WinX DVD software. Both the android and IOS operating system has the same steps so we will use the Windows steps as an example.
Step 1: Download and install the latest version of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for Windows. For Mac users, we recommend MacX DVD Ripper Pro.
Step 2: Open WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and insert the Disney DVD in the DVD drive (either internal or external drive will do).
Step 3: When the DVD is loaded, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum will auto-detect the titles for you to rip Disney DVDs in the right order.
Step 4: Scroll to the Output Profile and from the list of formats select your desired format.
Step 5: Here you can edit titles, combine or trim videos, crop the unwanted area and add sub titles etc.
Step 6: After all the edits you will be asked for the destination to save the file.
Step 7: Now just click the “Run” button to complete. You can use Intel Quick Sync and NVENC etc. to complete the process faster.
Disney-produced DVDs are not only much desired but are also well protected against anyone trying to rip Disney DVDs. The wide range of favorite movies and shows, under the banner of Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, makes many people want to rip Disney DVDs.
Although many DVD rippers are available in the market, most of the software is unable to remove the copyright protection on the Disney DVDs. WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is highly recommended by many users for being able to bypass the DRM protection on Disney DVDs.
The software is not only able to go through the encryption but is also fast and packed with many editing features. It makes DVD ripping easy without compromising on the quality of the movie which other DVD rippers may not offer.
Do note that ripping copyright DVDs might not be legal even though you bought the DVD. Make sure to know the related laws before ripping copyright protected DVDs and do not use for commercial purpose.