SiteGround has been a top tier web hosting company for 12 years now, and they are a widely known company in the industry and they have been accepted as one of the best companies that have the ability to push the technological boundaries.
Siteground reviews are strong all across the web, and my personal experience supports those opinions. I have many websites hosted with them, and highly recommend them.
They are a secure, fast and reliable web host, and more importantly than anything else, they are one of our top recommendations for shared hosting plans at this time.
Breaking News: Start from May 2016, WordPress.org officially endorses SiteGround’s as one of their recommended web hosting providers!
Official Website: SiteGround Hosting
SiteGround Coupon Code: there is not a current SiteGround coupon since they went to $3.95 per month.
You can join the email list and be notified of any special offers that are released. I’m notified every time they have a sale or offer promo codes.
As mentioned on our page talking about the best web hosting companies – this company can host your site for as low as $3.95 per month.
Genuine SiteGround Review
As a matter of fact, based on all of the reviews that we have done of hosting providers over the years, the Siteground is one of the leading hosting companies that offer great performance, features and technical ability.
The company has more than a quarter of a million customers and rising, and the Google blog even recommended them a few years ago because they have adopted all of the latest hosting technology and stay current and up-to-date.
This web host is growing rapidly, and I even have a gut feeling that they will eventually become one of the most widely known companies in the public eye over the next few years.
SiteGround has completely revamped their entire hosting plan and have created new branding and redid their website to further prove that they are serious about expanded growth.
Services Offered by SiteGround
As one of the leading hosting providers in the world, Siteground is offering several types of hosting plans and it can be divided into four main categories.
- Web Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- WooCommerce Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
As the web hosting is the most popular and widely used by many people, we will concentrate and further review on it in this article.
SiteGround Web Hosting Plans
The company is currently offering three plans for shared hosting, and the plans include Startup, GrowBig and GoGeek.
1.) Startup Plan
This is the basic plan being offered by the company. It’s relatively inexpensive and only costs just $3.95 per month. Based on information on the website, the plan includes:
- Hosting 1 website, up to 10GB of space
- Setup and transfer for free (one existing website)
- Provides free domain name
- They have a 30-day money back guarantee
- Uptime is guaranteed 99.99% of the time
- They offer 24-hour a day and 7 days a week technical support
- The shared hosting can handle up to 10,000 visitors per month and has unlimited emails, DBs and traffic
- Free SiteBuilder, email accounts and SSL
- SSH and cPanel access
- Daily backups for free
- Free Cloudflare CDN
Check out their cheapest shared hosting plans here.
2.) GrowBig Plan
I recommend this plan to everybody for the most part, unless they need to specifically access the developer features. You get all the features available on the Startup plan plus some other premium features as follow:
- Hosting unlimited website, up to 20GB of space
- Hosting plans suitable for up to 25,000 monthly visitors
- Free site transfer
- SuperCacher for greater speed
- Advanced on-demand backup
- WordPress Staging
- Collaborators can be added
I want to stress how great this plan is. It’s absolutely our favorite and I recommend it highly to anyone looking for a great shared hosting package. Other SiteGround reviews I’ve read online echo this as well.
Click here to find out more about their GrowBig plan now.
3.) GoGeek Plan
If you are truly looking for top-of-the-line hosting, then you should definitely consider this GoGeek plan. It comes with all of the features in the GrowBig plan, but has some great additions that include:
- Stronger hardware – with this plan, you get the highest level of server resources including more SAS storage for files, SSD storage for databases and a lot more RAM.
- Advanced priority support – In case you encounter any problem, you get priority support to get your problem solved.
- White-label hosting & client management – Register the clients as users in your account and while-label access to the site tools of the sites you build for them.
- Excellent developer features – I like this a lot about this company, because Git is preinstalled on the servers to let you create repositories of your website. This will allow you to access or edit the sites in many locations using Git.
Many companies that I know with a subscription to the GoGeek plan use it specifically for the developer options. Since they have great custom built developer features, this hosting package is a real hit and you’re not going to get anything like this anywhere else.
The Great Features of SiteGround Hosting
SiteGround.com Login and Control Panel
The control panel used by SiteGround is cPanel, but it has its own particular custom styling that makes it a lot more unique and even more professional. The one thing that we like the most about their custom cPanel is that it is easy to access and it’s generally simple to integrate into their billing client area.
CPanel is great because it has an auto installer which is perfect because it allows you to custom install WordPress, Magento and Joomla!. You’ll be very happy with the SiteGround Control Panel. Read the user generated SiteGround reviews in the comments section to see that I’m not the only one who feels this way.
Let’s face it. Things go wrong with our websites from time to time. Hosting fails and people have problems that need to be solved. Maybe you’ve accidentally deleted your account. Or maybe you’ve messed up installing WordPress and do not know how to fix it. Whatever the situation, do not worry because problems are few and far between.
SiteGround offers incredible 24/7 support. This is supported not only by my personal experience, but on other SiteGround reviews you are sure to stumble into if you do your homework. Their technicians are skilled and very helpful, and more importantly they get back to you fast. You do not have to worry about being left in the lurch with a problem and not get the right help that you need to fix it. The SiteGround support staff will help you immediately because they usually respond within a few minutes.
Not only are they quick, but they have great technical ability. And you even have an opportunity to hire the SiteGround support staff to help you with your intense technical work as well.
One of our absolute favorite features about SiteGround – and something that you’re certainly going to love to as the owner of a website – is the fact that they have incredible uptime. What does this mean? It means that your website is going to be up and running and available for your visitors to view the majority of the time.
Many of the shared hosting companies today have a difficult time with uptime. For one reason or another, they might have a problem with their dedicated data centers, their technicians make mistakes that will cause problems, and they just are not as reliable as they could be. Nothing is further from the truth when talking about SiteGround. They are an incredibly reliable company that offers a fantastic shared hosting product.
But why is SiteGround hosting so much better than the competition? First of all, they have created their own custom server monitoring software. This software is perfect because it will allow automatic monitoring and more importantly it can automatically resolve problems for 90% of the hosting issues that normally take place. There is no human interaction needed, and the software is working 24 hours a day, seven days a week and stopping the majority of the problems from causing downtime.
SiteGround also tracks its servers in real time. This allows them to catch problems immediately and begin fixing them – at least the 10% of the problems that aren’t handled by the software. So downtime really isn’t an issue and uptime is great with the servers. You can’t go wrong with this hosting.
Next we would like to talk about speed. People want their websites to run fast, and more importantly they need them to in order to give the search engines and their visitors what they want and need.
All that we can say is that the SiteGround hosting packages are incredibly quick. They have their available Supercacher, but also let you use plug-ins like W3 Total Cache and Cloudflare.
But here’s the thing… You can even remove all third-party scripts that will help to speed up a website and still have an incredibly quick experience. That’s because they work hard to take care of you and they want to make sure that your website is running quickly at all times. That’s why this hosting is so fast and works great.
As you can clearly see, you get an incredible amount of features with all of the hosting packages. But the pricing is very affordable for each and every plan.
Although you are going to pay more for the GoGeek and GrowBig plans when compared to other hosting companies, this is done for a very specific reason. SiteGround increases disk space and bandwidth with each plan, but unlike other hosts, they even increased CPU usage as well. So you’re getting a semi-dedicated solution as you go up in plans, especially with the GoGeek plan. So you definitely get what you pay for in this instance.
Pros and Cons of SiteGround Web Hosting
The following are the advantages and drawbacks of SiteGround.
- Phenomenal uptime – due to all of the great monitoring features, their uptime is at 99.99%. Incredibly impressive.
- Fantastic 24/7 fast support – they have incredibly quick and knowledgeable support personnel available to help you at any time.
- Excellent server security – server security is important to protect against being hacked and SiteGround has taken it to a whole new level by developing special server software. The software isolates each account so that you are not ever compromised or suffer for unknown reasons.
- Unlimited bandwidth – even if you have an incredibly busy site, you’re never going to surpass the resource limits. Plus, you can monitor your CPU usage in the cPanel dashboard. This will tell you precisely where you stand at all times.
- CPanel – cPanel is the most recommended panel for use with any host and people are the most familiar with it so it makes sense for SiteGround to also use their own customized version of cPanel. If you have to move a site to this host, they will do it for free.
- 30–day Money Back – If you purchase any one of their plans, you can enjoys their friendly site tools, free CMS install, email account and most importantly all the purchase comes with 30-day money back guarantee.
- Free CDN – the technicians at SiteGround have incorporated CloudFlare directly into cPanel, so with the click of a button you can take advantage of the excellent benefits that this piece of technology has to offer. For the most part, you’ll want to use it because it will help to speed up your site significantly and that’s precisely what you need in order to run a good website. It lowers the strain on the server and has some great security features as well.
- Advanced Caching for Faster Websites – since this hosting company has developed their own caching system, it makes sense that websites running on their servers are incredibly quick. And as you know, having a quick website is going to mean the difference between success and failure with your business. At just $7.95 per month, the GrowBig plan is the ideal choice and comes with a lot of great features including premium support, 30 days of backups, free SSL as well as the three levels of caching which make for a quick website.
- WordPress and Joomla! tools – the tools are available to everyone on all of the plans. Essentially they will give you the opportunity to make site management tasks very easy with the click of a button.
- Developer features – these are available with the GoGeek plan and are very extensive and easy to use.
- I have yet to find a negative thing to say about this company and have many years of working with them to back this up. With plans starting at $3.95, it’s not the cheapest plan but you really can’t go wrong here.
Final Thoughts About SiteGround.com
At the end of the day, it’s quite clear that SiteGround has become our favorite web hosting provider. They are incredibly inexpensive but offer the best shared hosting packages around for all of the reasons that we have mentioned.
The advanced features are great, the site staging and Joomla! and WordPress toolkits are incredibly effective and the supercacher is second to none. More importantly, the technical support is the best in the hosting business, and that is just the tip of the iceberg from an awesome company.
If you’re looking for a great and inexpensive shared hosting plan, look no further than SiteGround. The SiteGround reviews, as well as my personal experience which I’ve harped on many times, speak the truth about the company.
You’ll love what they have to offer and really appreciate all of the great features.