Last updated on September 17th, 2021
This site is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Technology nowadays has provided us with numerous breakthroughs that helped us reminisce the past and compare the “then and now”. Such breakthroughs are those of MP4 format. This format allows movies and videos to be of good quality.
Though there is a sad part, and that would be this type of format usually can only be watched through the computer. Of course, there is always a way through it and that is to convert mp4 to dvd. Often, people also called the program as MP4 to DVD burner.
With the good MP4 Converter, you can burn the video to a DVD which can be played on a DVD player anywhere; it is a lot more convenient. You can just easily copy or “drag & drop” the data file to the DVD, but there is a high possibility that most of the DVD players out there would not read it.
The best thing to do is to convert to a usable format in order for the DVD player to recognize it and in that way, you can view the contents by using the player. The key to being able to use this process is a “DVD burning/authoring software”.
The DVD authoring software is just a program for creating DVDs but in this article, we will be concentrate on how to convert MP4 to DVD. In the following section, we will introduce some of the top-rated MP4 to DVD converters in the market now (free and paid software).
Our team is always on the lookout for the latest, useful and best software on the market. With that in mind, we try our best to provide the most accurate information and reviews to help you make the most concise decision.
We also firmly believe that when it comes to exposing the pros and cons of the specific software, the truth must always prevail.
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
|VIEW BEST PRICE →|
WinX DVD Author
|TRY THIS FOR FREE →|
|TRY THIS FOR FREE →|
Top 5 Best MP4 to DVD Converters
In the market, there is plenty of software; some are freeware while others are shareware (paid) video converting programs. Following we are going to suggest a couple of different programs for those of you, who are looking for top MP4 and video converters (with a free solution too). Without further ado, let’s begin:
#1: Best Overall MP4 to DVD Converter - ConvertXtoDVD 7
We start off the best MP4 to DVD converter compilation with a rather obvious suggestion. ConvertXtoDVD has been a top-rated video converter for quite a while and it has every reason to be popular.
This is a great video file conversion program, it’s not only can convert the MP4 but also able to convert almost all the audio & video files (including HD, audio & video codecs) to the standard DVD format.
The entire process is pretty simple as you just need to open the ConvertXtoDVD app, get the video file to convert, and click on the Convert button. If you want, you can burn the output file to the disc as you wish. The following is the video that shows you how to do the mp4 to DVD conversion.
For more information about ConvertXtoDVD, click here. You can download and free try it for 7 days.
The simple user interface makes the program easy to use and comes with some excellent features to get a fully working DVD in no time.
- Easy to use – the beginners and pros alike can handle the program (fail-proof)
- Video editing – Including cut, merge, crop videos as well as adjusting the brightness, contrast, and audio-video subtitle synchronization
- Menu creation – The menu background, audio, the duration is fully customizable. For a newbie, you can use the pre-made template.
- Supported file format – Convert almost all the video file formats to DVD (to be playing on any DVD player)
- Fast conversion – The DVD converter allows hardware decoding as well as simultaneous conversion capabilities
- Advanced features – Including soft or hard subtitle supported, add chapter or watermark, Convert to PAL or NTSC, 2 pass encoding, audio normalization, and more.
- Burn or save anywhere – Automatically burn the converted video files to DVD, or as ISO. You also can choose to save it on a computer or transfer it to a USB flash drive.
- Supported OS – Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (32 and 64-bit). The Mac OS is NOT supported.
About the software:
- Price: $44.99 (Free trial now)
- File size: 36 MB
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Hardware requirements: Intel/AMD CPU with at least 512MB RAM, 4.3GB disk space, and DVD burner.
#2: Best Video Converter - Wondershare UniConverter
As one of the top video converters, the program from Wondershare is the top program in our lists. This is truly an outstanding all-in-one program for your audio and video needs. It comes with an intuitive interface design and a great customer support system to help you when you encounter any problem.
You can freely trial the software before committing to buying it so you have a chance to test drive the software to see what the program can do for you.
- All-in-one software: Video converter and editor, DVD ripper and burner, video downloader, and recorder for 1,000 file formats.
- Video editing: You can trim, crop, apply effects, add subtitles & watermark, etc to the videos.
- Faster conversion: Converts videos 30X faster than a normal video converter.
- One-click downloader: Save videos from over 10,000 sites and play on major browsers.
- Advanced features: Convert any 2D videos to 3D videos; remove videos with Digital Rights Management (DRM), record videos from streaming sites, etc.
- Burn and save: You can transfer/burn videos with different formats to ISO files, DVD discs, or DVD folders and play on multiple devices.
- Supported OS: All the latest Windows (10/8/7/Vista/XP) and Mac OS are supported.
Click here for a full review of this video converter! Alternatively, you can use the DVD making software like Wondershare DVD Creator to achieve the similar result. Just this DVD Creator cannot download/record videos and transfer files to portable devices.
#3: Best Disc Burner – BurnAware Professional
Besides the video converter software, you also can use the DVD Creator or DVD Burner that able to directly burn the MP4 file to a DVD. One of the handy tools is from BurnAware.
Please note that with the DVD burner software, you do not have many options to convert or rip dvd content from one format to another. But when come to dvd burning (which is a lack in most video converters & dvd rippers), the advantages of burning software are very obvious.
With this burning software from BurnAware, you can quickly burn your collection of movies/videos including MP4 files to CD, DVD, or Blu-ray without compatibility issue. The software is available in 3 editions – free, premium, and professional.
|Burn CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray disc||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Create and burn ISO Images||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Copy CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs to Disc Images||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Support 64-bit Windows 7/8/10||No||Yes||Yes|
|Extract files from ISO Images||No||Yes||Yes|
|Extract audio tracks from Audio CDs||No||Yes||Yes|
|Direct CD, DVD, Blu-ray copying||No||Yes||Yes|
|Burn ISO Image to multiple drives simultaneously||No||No||Yes|
|For organizations or commercial purposes||No||No||Yes|
|Download||Buy Now||Buy Now|
#4: Best Free DVD Maker - WinX DVD Author
This software is one of the best free dvd burning software in the market. It allows you to burn almost all the video formats like MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, FLV, ISO to DVD disc effortlessly.
At the processing level, you can choose the high-quality Encoder engine and preferences to ensure decent output video quality while also can make the processing speed faster than other free burning programs.
The videos also can be downloaded from Youtube (with a built-in downloader) and personalized with subtitles or an author Menu to make an awesome output. Also, you can cut off some of the unwanted parts to make a personalized DVD.
#5: Best Free Video Converter - Freemake
The third program featured in our best MP4 to DVD Converter lists is the Freemake video converter. This video converter is free as you can access all of the program features and it’s enough for normal or average users.
However, if you are a more advanced user, you may need to use their premium features, then you have to upgrade to their gold pack.
- Convert videos fast and simple – Just 3 steps to complete the video conversion with about 500 file formats including 4k and HD videos.
- Pull video clips from video sharing sites – You can download video clips from popular sites like Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc, and convert them to different file formats.
- Video editing – You can do some editing like cut, join, and rotate the video clips.
- Rip and burn DVD/blu-ray – Use the program to rip unprotected DVDs or burn the videos to DVD/Blu-ray discs. Also, read how to rip protected DVDs.
- Share your video easier – You can directly upload the clips to YouTube or share them on various portable devices/gadgets.
So, the free version has limitations of slow conversion speeds, and converted videos contain the Freemake logo (beginning & the end of the videos). To remove the logo with a faster speed, you need to buy the Freemake gold pack ($19 for a one-time payment or $9 for an annual subscription).
The Free, Online Vs. Premium MP4 File to DVD Converter
There are many free programs including some online video converters that can do the mp4 file conversion. For example, you can use the Freemake, Handbrake, or ?? but none of them deserves the “best” title.
Usually those free tools are either lack of features or the output files are blurry when playing the converted video on a big screen. This is mainly due to the free programs that are lack of development funds to make the program better!
Also, with the free programs you also difficult or even not able to change the default setting so the output video file quality will drop compare to the original files. So, if you are really serious in your business, stay away of those free software’s.
With the premium DVD tools, you not only can have wide selection of output file formats, the quality is better (even support 4K/HD), faster speed, and most importantly customer support is better.
How to Convert MP4 to DVD for Any DVD Player?
The MP4 video format is extensively used on computers and Apple’s mobile devices, but is not compatible with the file format that a DVD uses. If you want to play MP4 on DVD players, you need to convert MP4 to DVD playable format first.
Obviously, there are two methods that you can use to convert the MP4 file formats. Besides using DVD authoring software, you also can use the MP4 to DVD Converter. The converter is a program that can be use to convert most video files including MP4 to DVD supported formats.
If a DVD ripper is to rip or convert DVD to another file format, the MP4 to DVD Converter is vice-versa, i.e. convert the MP4 files to DVD supported format. Following we will introduce some of the top rated MP4 to DVD converters in the market now (free and paid software).
Conclusion and Our Pick
No software out there is perfect. However, the three MP4 to DVD converters recommended in this article definitely is the top software that you can trust. The programs come with great features and I think it’s worth it for you to take a look.
If you just a starter, you can download the Freemake video converter since it’s free (but with a logo). If you are a pros video editor or converter, then better you go for the other two paid options. You will not get disappointed with the video software.
If you want us to pick, then you can get the ConvertXtoDVD as it’s an excellent yet reliable converter.