iPage is a very popular web host in the world known for its low cost and feature rich web hosting service. It is often awarded as a top shared web hosting company on independent site reviews because of its high customer satisfaction rate and easy to use web hosting.
With one of the simplified and most user-friendly vDeck control panels, iPage contains a variety of tools for customers to easily modify and maintain their web hosting account.
With numerous great features and the affordable cost plans, iPage is an ideal web host for individuals and small businesses on a tight budget. In fact, our editor’s had chosen iPage as one of the best shared web hosting for small business.
What Does iPage Offer?
They offer four types of hosting services. All the pricing below are the introductory offer prices and the renewal fees are at the regular rate which is higher.
- One Shared hosting plan from 1.99/mo.
- Two WordPress hosting plans, 1. WP Starter, from $3.75/mo, 2. WP Essential, from $6.95/mo.
- Three VPS hosting plans, 1. Basic, from $19.99/mo, 2. Business, from $47.99/mo, 3. Optimum, from $79.99/mo.
- Three Dedicated hosting plans, 1. Startup, from $119.99/mo, 2. Professional, from $151.99/mo, 3. Enterprise, from $191.99/mo.
i.) Shared Hosting
For most users, the shared web hosting plans is more than enough for hosting their website. This type of web service also the cheapest and hence it’s very suitable for those that startup their business.
In the iPage shared hosting plan, which you can choose for a period of 1 year, 2 or 3 years, at the rate of $2.99/mo, $2.49/mo and $1.99/mo respectively. You will get Unlimited disk space to store the website content, scalable bandwidth, free one domain name (with SSL certificate), and host unlimited domains and free email addresses.
They provide the following designing and building tools: iPage website builder, mobile optimized site builder, a WordPress 1-click installer, hundreds of templates and themes, CMS like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla; Blogs like PixelPost, b2evolution, WordPress; Photo galleries like Gallery2, Zen Photo; Forums like Gbook, phpBB, SMF; and easy-to-use setup wizards.
Then, you will get the following hosting utilities and settings: Access logs and error logs, bandwidth and disk usage monitor, website backup software, PERL support, MIME types, URL redirect tool, audio and video support, custom error page, secure FTP, File Manager and FTP manager.
To better market your website, iPage provides some marketing utilities; Access to online marketing guides, $100 Google AdWords credits, Bing search credits of $100 and free Yellowpages.com listing.
Even for selling online they provide some online selling tools: Free online store, PayPal integration, easy 1-click installer; and some of the most amazing shopping carts: AgoraCart, OpenCart, OSCommerce, PrestaShop, Zen Cart and TomatoCart.
They also give amazing features to send and receive emails: a customisable email address with your domain, we can check email online from anywhere with WebMail, email forwarding, auto responders, customisable spam filtering, virus checking, POP3/IMAP email accounts.
iPage boasts of a world-class technology at their disposal. They have an enhanced security suite of $100 value, they do 24×7 network monitoring, they provide visitor stats/site traffic reporting, performance load balanced servers, Cisco routers using BGP4 protocols, they also have UPS power backup and generators.
Besides all this, if you are still not satisfied, iPage also offers a great customer support, including 24/7 phone and chat support, online help center and tutorials, and any purchase also come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
ii.) WordPress Hosting
The WordPress hosting plans are specially designed for people that wanted to use WordPress for their website Content Management System (CMS). Currently, wordpress is the world most popular CMS.
There are two wordpress hosting plans offer by iPage:
- WP Starter: $3.75/mo with a minimum of 1-month subscription (renews at minimum $7.49/mo depend to the subscription length)
- WP Essential: $6.95/mo with a minimum of 1-month subscription (renews at minimum $10.49/mo depend to the subscription length)
iii.) VPS Hosting
Compare to the shared hosting, the VPS hosting are generally use the server with better resources i.e. higher processor speed and RAM, etc. Hence, the performance is better and more stable. Suitable for those growing business that required more reliable and faster speeds site.
In iPage, there are three VPS plans available:
- Basic: $16.99/mo with a 24 months subscription (renews at $21.24/mo)
- Business: $40.79/mo with a 24 months subscription (renews at $50.47/mo)
- Optimum: $67.99/mo if you choose one month subscription (renews at $84.99/mo)
Of course each plan you do not need to subscribe for 2 years, the time frame can be shorter but the price is higher per month (including the renewals).
iv.) Dedicated Hosting
This is the premium category that your website is hosted on a dedicated server just for you. While you can enjoy the best features and faster services, the monthly commitment also the highest among all the hosting services.
There are three dedicated plans available by iPage:
- Startup: $103.99/mo with a 24 months subscription (renews at $134.99/mo)
- Professional: $135.99/mo with a 24 months subscription (renews at $174.99/mo)
- Enterprise: $167.99/mo with a 24 months subscription (renews at $209.99/mo)
All of this was really very overwhelming for me. But it is the reality. Thus, it is better if iPage is reviewed in Pros and Cons to simplify.
The Pros and Cons of iPage Web Hosting
Every web hosting provider has their own strengths and weaknesses. It is normal to expect some disadvantages in a web host whose pricing is among the cheapest. Nothing big about it. Following are some of the things that we have discovered.
The Pros of iPage are:
- The biggest selling points of iPage are that it is really an inexpensive web host. Hardly anyone else gives so many features in just $1.99/mo price.
- You will get free one domain registration for your website. If you want to transfer the site from other hosting company, the transfer fee is free too. Pretty impressive for a cheap web host provider.
- You can host unlimited domains and you will get FREE Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates for your domain. This service is not free for some of the host providers.
- Very good security options with SiteLock security. We get it with all iPage plans. SiteLock scans regularly for malware issues on the site. They also use a firewall to help prevent any potential security leak.
- You can use the free website builder option to design your website, this is great for those that wanted some variations on their website.
- Great Customer Service. iPage offers a very solid 24×7 phone number support and live chat service, to clear all your doubts and issues quickly. They also have a Ticket system for it. Believe me, in the last 1 year, I must have contacted them about a dozen times, occasionally faking it. But every time they satisfied me as quickly as possible, never for more than a day.
- The 30-day money back guarantee can literally turn your purchase into zero-risk.
Cons are as follows:
- The pricing $1.99/mo is cheap but not for any duration, you need to subscribe for 3 years. Subscription periods less than 3-year are more expensive.
- The server uptime is good but not the best. More precisely, it fluctuates.
- Page loading time is just average. Even this issue is not big but though it is very important to have a fast page loading. Hopefully, in future they will decrease the time and increase the speed.
- The renewal cost is higher. A big irony is that the initial plan prices are among the cheapest, at $1.99/mo but after your initial plan gets expired, you will have to pay at least $9.99/mo for a year, $8.99/mo for 2 years or $7.99/mo for 3 years. The renewal pricing is no longer cheap.
- Although iPage offers vDeck control panel, which is feature rich; we have put it in the cons section because some of you maybe a big fan of cPanel. It is more user-friendly and up-to-date than the vDeck.
Conclusion: iPage – A Cheaper Host Provider Suitable for Bloggers and SMEs
This concludes our iPage hosting review, although, there are these much cons of iPage, still we haven’t experienced any big problems yet with them. If you are a small businessman, or a blogger, iPage is highly recommended to you.
In fact, this is one of the top 5 shared web host providers as reviewed by our editor. It was rated as the best web host for SME websites. Even for the other big organizations.
For the fact that it is the cheapest service available, plus we get so many features in that. If you can ignore the slower page loading times, I will recommend iPage to one and all, especially the beginners.
Click Here to Access the iPage Official Site for More Info.