Last updated on December 2nd, 2022
This site is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Many people know the software developer, Digiarty Software Inc. produces great software called WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. Do you know that they also have WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe mainly for converting videos?
Yes, this is excellent software that can help you to convert a video from one format to another so that the output files can be played on computers, smartphones, gadgets, smart TV, etc.
Since it’s high-quality software, I highly recommend you download the free trial version and test it for yourself. This article will guide you on how to download, install, activate and use the software with graphical illustrations.
Part I: Download and Install the WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
2. Click on the “Download Free Trial” button to download the installer of the software. You also can click the buttons below to download or purchase the software.
3. To start installing the software, double-click on the downloaded .exe file. When prompted “User Account Control” window, click the “Yes” button to continue.
4. The initial screen will ask you to select the setup language, by default it is “English” and you can choose the preferred language or accept it by clicking on the “OK” button.
5. In the welcome screen, you can click on the “Next” button to continue.
6. In the License Agreement screen, you can go through the agreement and choose the “I accept the agreement” option. Click on the “Next” button to continue.
7. In the Select Destination Location screen, you can accept the current location and click on the “Next” button.
8. In the Select Start Menu Folder screen, you can accept the current folder and click on the “Next” button.
9. In the Select Additional Tasks screen, you can uncheck the “Create a Quick Launch icon” option and click on the “Next” button.
10. This will show the summary of the options selected. Just click on the “Install” button and the program will be installed on the computer.
11. After a few seconds, the installation will complete. Click on the “Finish” button to complete the entire process.
Part II: Purchase and Activate WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
There are several limitations on the free trial version such as:
- Convert any video limited to 5-minute only.
- No lifetime free upgrade.
- No advanced functions and settings allow.
Because of the limitations, you need to purchase the full version if you really want to use the software to convert full-length videos/movies.
To Purchase the Software
- Premium License – for 3 PCs, with a 1-year subscription
- Ultimate License – for 1 PC, with a lifetime plan
3. For example, we will choose the lifetime license. Click on the “Buy Now” button below it and this will bring you to the following screen.
- Change the “Quantity” as needed by clicking on the + or – sign.
- If you have a discount coupon, check the “I have a coupon code” option, insert the code and click the refresh button to apply the coupon.
- You can choose the payment method, either by credit card, wire transfer, or check and some countries allow PayPal too.
- Fill in all the necessary information correctly before hitting the “Continue” button.
4. Once the payment was done, the software registration/activation code will send to your email address almost instantly.
To Activate the Software
1. Launch the software, you will automatically prompt a screen to activate the program. In case you do not see the screen, click on the “Register” option on the main screen.
2. Based on the email that you received after purchasing the software, fill in the “Licensed Email” and “Licensed Code” columns, then click on the “Activate” button.
3. You will see a pop-up window saying the software is “Registered successfully”. Click on the “OK” button to close it.
Part III: How to Use WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe?
Basically, this software has 2 major functions, i.e. to convert video (including basic editing) and making a photo slideshow.
To Convert a Video
1. Launch the WinX HD video converter deluxe, click on the “+Video” icon and this will open a new window. Browse to the video that you want to convert and click on the “Open” button.
2. From the auto pop-up “Output Profile” window, choose an intended output format and click on the “OK” button. The menu includes:
- General Profiles – It contains the commonly used file formats like MP4 (including 4K & 2K), MOV, and iPhone or Android supported formats.
- to Music – Choose this option if you want to extract audio from video, and choose an audio output format like MP3, AAC, etc.
- Device Profile – This can change the video to the chosen output format for main portable devices, including smartphones and tablets from Apple, Android, Microsoft, Sony, Nokia, and Blackberry.
- Web Video Profile – Convert the video to be uploaded to social media sites like Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo, and more.
- Common Video Profile – Convert any video to PC/Mac compatible, TV, NTSC/PAL DVD format, and HD video formats.
3. In the right panel of the screen, there are several options:
- Preview – This allows you to preview the video before converting.
- Hardware Accelerator – Check these options will improve the conversion speed.
- Use High Quality Engine – Check the option for better quality output.
- Deinterlacing – Check this option if you are converting interlaced video.
- Merge – Check this option if you want to combine 2 or more clips into one.
- Auto Copy – Check the option if the output video codec files are the same as the input.
4. [Optional] If needed, you can change the “Destination Folder” folder by clicking on the “Browse” button and selecting a folder. This folder will store the converted video files.
5. When all set, click on the “RUN” button to start converting the video.
To Make a Slideshow
Make sure you put all the photos that you want to make the slideshow in a folder. The photos can be in jpg, jpeg, png, and bmp formats.
1. Launch the WinX hd video converter deluxe, and click on the “Photo” icon. This will pop up a “Select Folder” window, browse to the folder that contains the photos, and click on the “Select Folder” button.
2. Then, from the auto pop-up “Output Profile” window, you need to select a preferred output format like MP4 Video, and click on the “OK” button.
3. [Optional] If you want to add music to the slideshow, you can click the “Edit” option and select a file, then choose the “Add Music” button to import the music. Click the “Close” button.
4. If ready, just hit the “RUN” button to create the slideshow.
WinX HD video converter deluxe is great video conversion software. However, compare with other similar programs, this software is rather basic in terms of functionality. You can use this tool to convert video and create a slideshow.
Some other programs with better functionalities include:
- VideoProc Converter: Convert videos, convert DVDs, video downloader, and recorder.
- HD Video Converter Factory Pro: Video converter, downloader, recorder, and Gif maker.
- Wondershare UniConverter: Video converter & editing, video downloader, and video compression.
So, it’s your choice to choose which software is more suitable for you based on its features and functionalities!