DVD Audio Extractor is a software that can extract DVD movie soundtracks from DVDs and rip DVD audio to MP3 or other audio formats. The software also refers to as DVD audio ripper.
The ripper provides a simple, fast method to extract DVD audio to MP3 or WAV, WMA, AAC format. No more multiple programs, no more complex progress, as easy as 1-2-3.
It can not only rip DVD chapter by chapter but also can feel free to rip by custom size or time. It also supports Multi-Angle DVD and copes with these Multi-Angle chapters in the right way. With new tech supports, it works well and fast with almost all types of DVD.
The DVD software is an ideal solution of ripping music DVD, old movie and converts DVD to mp3. Now you can listen to your favorite movie song on your iPod!
The Best Tool for Ripping DVD Audio
A good DVD audio ripper can rip the audio from DVD to different formats like MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, etc. But before we intro to you the software that can help you, it’s good to know why you need to rip audio from DVD?
Basically, most people hope that they can convert some audio music (CDs or DVDs) to a standard .mp3 or .wma formats that can be played on your mobile devices like iPod or iPhone. Or you just need specific sound clips to be used for certain purposes, and then this is where the DVD audio extractor comes in.
Following are the top 3 audio rippers for DVDs:
Wonderfox DVD Ripper Pro
This is a great DVD ripper that not only can rip audio from the DVD but also can rip the DVD contents.
That’s mean this is a full-featured DVD ripping tool that can rip both video and audio from the ant types of DVDs including the commercial discs.
The software comes with great decryption technology that can handle almost all copy-protected DVDs and CDs. So, use the program to convert the file to the output formats that you like i.e. MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AC3, M4A, ALAC, FLAC, etc.
The ripping speed is fast while it can rip any part of the DVD audio without losing the quality. The customer support is great and the software price is also affordable (quite often we see it offer a discount, check out the latest price now)
- One of the full-features and best DVD rippers that can rip all types of DVDs including copy-protected, bypass region codes, or rip commercial discs.
- Ability to rip both video and audio from the DVDs (and you can rip to over 300 output file formats)
- Output files can be run on PC as well as major electronic devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Free trial downloads to let you test the software before really committed to buying it.
- The software is very affordable and it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee (if you purchase). Also, free update/upgrades and lifetime support available.
- Only available in Windows. No Mac and Linux versions available.
- Not precise on displaying the estimated remaining time during the ripping process.
Price: $29.95 for a lifetime license (1 PC); Free trial download
Special note: While the most DVD rippers can rip both video and audio from DVDs, the dvd audio ripper is mainly focused on ripping audios from the DVDs. So, if you are looking for a pure DVD audio extractor, here are our recommendations.
2.) DVD Audio Extractor
The DVD Audio Extractor comes with easy to use user interface and it supports multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. This program can support almost all the audio file formats.
The ultra-fast ripping speed is one of the greatest features while you can do batch processing to save your precious time. The quality of the output video files is just as good as the original.
- The fastest DVD audio ripper with quality output.
- Ability to preview and playback the video that lets you listen to the selected chapters before ripping.
- Batch converting can be a handy feature especially you have many discs to rip.
- Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
- Only able to rip audio from DVDs and NOT the video files.
- No audio editing tools and unable to rip copyright blu-ray discs.
Price: $38.50; 30-day free trial download.
3.) ImTOO DVD to Audio Converter
Like other DVD audio extractors, the ImTOO DVD to audio converter is good for audio ripping but not video. You can use the program to rip DVD to popular audio formats like MP3, WAV, WMA, AC3, AAC, OGG, RA, and more.
The beauty of this converter is that it allows you to customize the audio bit rate, codec, sample rate, volume, etc before producing the final output file. You also can edit the mp3 audio and ID3 tag.
You also can preview the video with their build-in player, make a snapshot, and do some editing before producing the final output. Also, if you do batch file conversions the software can automatically shut down the computer once all the tasks completed.
- Automatically load and read the DVDs info after you insert it to the DVD drive.
- Split a large file into several smaller audio files.
- Some audio editing can be done before producing the final output.
- Run the ripping process in the background.
- Available on both Windows and Mac OS in various languages.
- Unable to rip copy-protected DVDs.
- The software has not been updated for some time.
The Good Features of a DVD Audio Ripper
Stunning features of a great DVD audio ripper including extreme fast conversion speed, cost only 30-50% of playback time, create standard mp3 files with ID3 tag, playable on your portable mp3 player, batch file conversion, convert audio of each chapter to an individual file, rip from any position to any position of a title and chapter, automatically shutdown computer.
Following are the list of features of a good DVD Audio Ripper:
- Supports copy-protected discs
A great audio ripper can supports or rip CSS (Content Scrambling System) protected DVD movies. Also, the software is able to remove region protection (Region-free) and Macrovision Protection.
- DVD to many audio file formats
With DVD Audio Ripper Deluxe you are able to convert DVD audios to MP3, WAV, WAV, WMA, AC3 or other formats with fast speed cost only 30-50% of playtime, create standard mp3 files with ID3 tag playable on your portable mp3 player.
- Convert each chapter to an individual file
You can auto split all DVD audio by chapters, then you can extract soundtracks by chapter easily.
- Rip DVD movies by a certain time or file size
If your DVD doesn’t separate music through chapters, you also can rip it by a certain time or file size, for example rip DVD to MP3 every 5 minutes or every 5 MB.
- Extract DVD sound track quickly
DVD Audio Ripper can check your CPU type automatically, use your CPU fully that ensure you can rip your DVDs with the best ripping speed. DVD ripping isn’t a time-consuming work any more!
- Supports batch conversion
With the latest technology like multi-threading CPU, thus the more files you convert within one time, the faster speed it offers than other converters.
- Supports external codec
The program can support the use of external codec’s power feature to optimize the output video quality.
- Quick setting panel
The quick setting panel lets you choose subtitle, audio track, frame rate audio quality and so on for each task in the list easily.
- Supports many languages
In addition to English, a reliable DVD audio ripper also supports many other popular languages.
Conclusion: Get a Full-featured DVD Ripper!
All the three DVD audio ripping tools here required you to pay to enjoy the premium features. The free tools are less reliable in terms of software features, the capability to rip protected discs, the quality of output files, and the support system.
Out of the three programs, we highly recommend you get the Wonderfox DVD Ripper Pro as it’s a great and full-featured DVD ripper that can rip audio and video from the DVDs. The other two are pure DVD audio rippers that can only rip the audio files.