Last updated on August 18th, 2022
This site is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
For anyone that owns a media server whether it’s a Plex server or a Kodi, or just a regular file server that you guys have your content on, this is a great way to get your DVDs over to your media servers today.
We will take a look at the Wonderfox DVD ripper and this software allows you to rip your home movies, your DVDs, TV shows, or whatever it is and put it in a media server format that allows you to enjoy it anywhere in the world.
Why WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro?
Still, wondering which is the best DVD ripper for Windows? We have already done a full review and here are the top 10 DVD ripping tools. Out of those 10, one of the leading tools is Wonderfox DVD ripper pro. In fact, it’s the best DVD ripping software on the market and there are many reasons for that.
In a hurry? Get the Wonderfox DVD Ripping Tool Now!
Following are some of the reasons why WonderFox wins our editor’s choice:
So here it is you can rip DVD to digital copy in five minutes with flawless 1:1 quality.
It can rip an exact copy of the DVD and whether it’s a whole movie, real movie, or TV show you can go ahead and put it in there.
To rip the DVD it has three basic steps: 1.) Load your DVD > 2.) Select your output format and 3.) Click the Run button. After a couple of minutes, you’ll have your DVD in a digital format
So you will be able to go ahead and convert it to a digital format and also it has perfect compression ratios over the files. It will compress a seven to one ratio, and you won’t lose any output quality. The compression is big and this will save you a lot of space on a media server.
Another great point is that the conversion speed is fast as you only need 20 minutes to rip 150 minutes of DVD to mp4, avi, mov, mkv, and other file formats.
Also, it can intelligently detect the name and title of your movie or TV show so you don’t have to go through and guess which video file you need to select to get started.
How to Use the WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro?
Let’s go and jump into the software overview, so let’s launch the software we just give it a couple of seconds for the software to load up.
From the main dashboard, we’ll get into some of the main options or settings.
- The first thing is to check for updates so just click on the first button from the left, it’ll tell you that you have your latest version or if you need an update.
- If you wanted to change the output file location, you can click and then browse to where you want the file to be stored. For example, if you want to put it on your desktop, you do have that option.
For more details, you can watch the following video that will guide you on how to use the ripper:
Step-by-step Guide to Rip the DVDs for Plex or Kodi Media Player
In the main window, you can see there are three main options available: DVD Disc, ISO Image, and DVD Folder. You do have three source options so you can go ahead and try the first option, the DVD Disc.
- Just insert the DVD disc into your computer DVD drive/player and select the correct drive letter (most probably it’s already selected to the correct drive) so just click the OK button.
- Let’s give it a few seconds to scan the DVD and you will see the different titles you have from the disc you inserted. This should take about fifteen to twenty seconds.
- You will notice by default it detected there is a main movie out of many titles. The software is so smart that can detect and this is the only title that needs to be checked (and rip later).
- That way you’re not guessing and going through the different titles and looking for which title to rip so this is the main movie that you will be working with.
- You can go ahead and change the title by clicking on the movie title and changing it to the intended name and clicking on the OK.
- If you look in the actual window of the DVD source file you can see the file size (i.e. the original size is 7.1 gigabytes) as well as the resolution (i.e. 720 x 480).
- The output is what it’s going to give you after ripping is done in the mp4 format. For example, the size is 1 gigabyte and you’re also can have the same resolution so nothing will change but the file size which is a key feature of this WonderFox DVD ripper. You will save a lot of space on your server when you do have a lot of movies in the future.
- If you click on the Edit (blue color with pen button) you can do a lot of changes here to make the movie more vivid or make it blurry. You can also rotate it, flip it whatever you want, and go ahead and do some changes as required. Once finish, click OK.
- At the bottom, you can add a subtitle. A subtitle is disabled but you can click the drop-down and select English, or click add subtitle if you have a file to be imported there which is another good feature to have.
- In the right panel, the first thing is the output profile. If you click on the menu right here slide it out and you will see all the different formats if you click on the video, you can see all the video formats, including avi, mp4, mpg, mov, 3gp, etc.
- If you click on the Web formats you can see the different formats supported like html5, YouTube, flv, etc. There are various other files and devices supported and you can check them out yourself.
- In the middle here you do have the option to kind of play with the speed versus the video quality. So slide to the left to get a higher quality and a lower ripping speed while slide to the right you get a lower quality at the higher speed.
- Directly below that if you click the Settings button you have a lot more options than you can change like the bitrate, sample, channel, encoder, etc. These are sets the smart fit right now and they are just the default settings.
- One of the things that I wanted to cover before we get into the ripping is the resolution. This is a key feature because a lot of these older movies have the old 4:3 format which is the box shape and most of the new newer systems or television screens out there are a 16 x 9 or a 16 x 10 ratio.
- So you want to go ahead and change the resolution, just hit the drop-down and choose 1920 by 1080 which will give a nice wide-angle that will fit most monitors well. One thing we take note of is that when you change the output resolution the file size will get bigger too. So, obviously, this will take a little longer to burn/rip if you change the resolution.
- To start the ripping process, hit the Run button.
- So once it’s done you will receive a pop-up and all you have to do is just click open and access the video that is just converted.
- Just copy the file to your plex/Kodi media server and you’re good to go.
Free Vs. Paid Option
For the WonderFox tool, you can have a free option as well as a paid version. So if you guys want to try it out you can just download a free version but for serious people that are looking to buy the premium version. Here you go..
The price of WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro for a single license (this is for one PC) for a lifetime license is $29.95 and if you wanted a family license it is $69.95 (for three PCs).
If you’re looking for a good DVD ripping software to get your DVDs converted to digital format, now is a good time to purchase.
If you are still lacking confidence, you can try out the free version, and once you are confident only upgrade to the Pro version.
For anyone that’s interested in getting the WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro, you can use this link and you will get a great discount!
Alternative Software: WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
If you prefer to use another software, then you can go no other than WinX ripper software, another highly recommended ripping software by our editors, check out their offer now.