The free video converter not always the best! This is because company that revealed the free version also produced a pro or ultimate version of the video converter. This article revealed the top video converter, different between free and pro version and where to get the best pro as well as free video converter at the best price.
When you are fond of converting a 2D movie into 3D, then you might want to have a free video converter that would allow you to easily do it. By doing so, you can make sure that you will get high quality 3D videos whether it is from a 2D form, MP4 or any videos that you want to convert. A Wondershare video converter ultimate is one of the best tools to use in order to convert those 2Ds into 3Ds.
If you want to have easy access when making your own 3D movie from 2D, then you should have the best converter Wondershare video converter ultimate. It is a free video converter that is designed to convert videos in formats such as MP4s, MKVs, WMVs, FLVs, MPGs and 3GPs.
You can even have playbacks for your Apple devices, game players, mobile phones and many more. In addition, you can get all your desired videos from popular websites in a different format and convert it into any format that you wish to have. If this tool is in your phone, you can also use it to convert your videos.
Top Free Video Converters Reviews and Recommendations
In case if you are tight in budget, here are the free video converters that you may consider. Of course the free video converter has some limitations that I also outlined in the following section. So, the shareware version of video converters is always recommended if you’re serious.
1. Any Video Converter Free Version
Official site: http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/
Here are some of the great features of this converter:
- It support over 60 input formats including popular including AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, MPG, M2TS, MTS, RMVB, AVCHD, MKV, MXF, WebM(V8), QT, WMV, VOB, 3GP, 3GPP2, DivX, and more.
- Convert many videos & audios formats for playing on PC as well as various media players including smart phones from Apple, Samsung, HTC, BlackBerry, Nokia and more.
- Download and convert videos from Youtube and 100+ other popular video sharing sites.
- Edit the video like adding watermark, add subtitle, clip, crop, rotate or merge videos as you like.
- Rip and extract audio from CDs and videos (support many file formats).
- Burn videos into DVD movie playable on TV and DVD player.
- Boost video conversion speed up to 6X faster with CUDA acceleration.
- Easy and multilingual user interface with unique output video management panel.
However, with the free version, you cannot rip DVD movies directly into video formats, record live video stream online and output file format supported are less than paid version. If you’re serious, I recommend you go for paid version.
2. Freemake Video Converter
Official site: http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/
Some of the top features of this software:
- It support over 200 input formats including popular AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, SWF, FLV, TOD, etc.
- Freely convert video and rip DVD movie to many popular video formats like AVI, WMV, MP4, MPEG, MKV, FLV, SWF, 3GP.
- You can use it to convert online videos to MP3 files.
- It support the latest devices including those from Apple, Sony, and Android devices such as iPod, iPhone, iPad and smart phones and tablets from BlackBerry, Samsung, Nokia, Xbox, etc.
- Convert your movies to video Blu-ray format and create Blu-ray discs out of any input content: video, audio, photos, URLs.
- The great thing about this video is that it can burn DVD video up to 20-hour to a Standard DVD or 40-hour to DVD-DL [normally free video converter have a 2-hour limit].
- The video converter also allows you to upload videos, photo slideshows, MP3 to YouTube. It supports AVI, WMV, MP4, 3GP, JPG, BMP, GIF, MP3 formats.
- Make slideshows by turning the photos and MP3 into slideshows with background music. Edit the slideshows as you wish to make it more attractive!
- Video editing feature let the software to add transitions, cut, flip or rotate the video and the output file size can be of your choice (e.g. 700 MB, 1.4 GB, 4.7 GB).
3. Free HD Video Converter Factory
Official site: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/free-hd-video-converter/
Beside it’s completely free, here are the features that will benefits you from this software:
- HD and high speed video converter (6X faster conversion speed than other HD converters)
- Support up to 200+ video file output formats and various devices. These file formats including MP4, AVI, FLV, H264, HTML5, MTS, M2TS, SWF, etc. You can use the converted files on Samsung and Apple smartphones, UHD TV, Surface, BlackBerry, PS4, Xbox One and more.
- Ability to convert almost all the audio formats and extract soundtracks from video. Supported file formats included: MP3, AC3, WMA, WAV, AAC, OGG, M4R, FLAC, etc.
- Free video downloader that can download videos from popular video sharing sites like youtube, facebook, vimeo, etc.
- Ability to edit the video including preview, trim, crop and add/remove subtitle to the video. You also can add effects and merge multiple videos into one.
- Simple interface with just 3-easy-step you can have your video converted.
If you want to enjoy more advanced features including batch conversions, HD lossless video and audio conversion, 30x speed up conversion, DVD Decrypt/Rip, the HD Video Converter Factory Pro is more suitable for the purpose. The pro version also offering lifetime free upgrades; 1:1 VIP service; and 30-day money back guarantee.
The free video converter has some limitations. The most obvious one is that the file formats that supported by them are less than those professional video converters.
Some of the free converters also lack of features like video editor, download HD video and output quality also slightly drop compares to the original files. So, I still recommend you go for licensed version if you are pro and serious in your works.
The Best Free Video Converter – Any Video Converter Free Version
If you cannot afford to buy the Wondershare video converter ultimate, you also have the option to get a free video converter like Any Video Converter free version. This is one of the best free video converter to change the formats of your videos anywhere and anytime that you want to.
You can absolutely have the format that you want, fast and with quality using this free video converter. Almost all formats for videos can be converted by this free video converter and it can also customize formats under WMV. You can also have the format customized and adjust the videos in your files.
Every video converter has it own advantages as well as limitations. Let’s see what are the pros and cons of Any Video Converter Free Version.
- The free all-in-one video converter to convert video and audio files.
- Easy to use and operate with unique management panel, 20 languages supported.
- Build-in Youtube video downloader and converter to download video from different video sharing sites.
- Converts videos at a high speed and produced high resolution video quality.
- Convert between different video and audio formats including extracting audio from video files.
- Can covert files from websites and imports it directly from where you have downloaded it.
- Editing video such as merging several files, cutting any segment, adding subtitle, etc is easy.
The cons of this converter are:
- The videos from YouTube should be downloaded first before it can be converted by this tool.
- Cannot rip DVD movies directly to video formats. Also, 2D to 3D video conversion is unavailable.
- Less conversion file formats supported compare to the full or pro version.
Where to Get The Best As Well As Free Video Converter?
A free video converter is the great tool that you can have in your computer, especially when you are fond of downloading videos from websites with limited budget. However, the free version has some limitations if compare to the pro version. But the pro version is not free!
Recommended best free video converter: Any Video Converter Free Version
If you need more advanced features and want to have high quality converted videos, then a good video converter i.e. the pro or ultimate version can help you with that. You can absolutely have a tool that can convert videos fast and enable you to watch movies that are of high quality. Surely, your downloaded videos will not have cut or blurred parts by having this tool downloaded on your own computer. This will also ensure that you’ll completely enjoy watching those videos you have converted or downloaded.
Recommended best video converter: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
There is another type of free online video converter that you can use, but how reliable is the online converter? Read on this article.